First up on the block for workshops at our brand new premises is the ever so popular workshop series :
Sew from Scratch!
This is a beginners class and is designed for anyone wanting to sit down at a sewing machine (perhaps for the first time)
and become friends with it. Once you're familiar with threading up and various stitches you will make a variety of basic items
to take home with you in each class. Yes YOU making things, sewing things from start to finish, you can do it!
I've already had a number of people email in about this class so i'm starting up not just one but TWO weekly workshops.
Wednesday nights AND a Sunday session for those who prefer the weekend.
Sundays 1-3pm June 22nd, 29th, 6th July
Wednesdays 6-8pm July 9th, 16th and 23rd
In addition to this if you rally together a group of 5 friends we can run this course JUST FOR YOU
on a weekday or evening of your choice.
$120 for 3 week series Sew from Scratch will get you:
- Experience and build your CONFIDENCE on a sewing machine (that is provided for you)
- Learn straight stitching and applique TECHNIQUES, sewing with different fabrics, and basic pattern reading.
- Plenty of assistance and SUPPORT as we keep our classes small
- Some materials* are provided, 100% RECYCLED because we love our earth.
- Take home a two way headscarf, tote bag, and a cushion cover all MADE BY YOU
- Learn in a FUN SEWCIAL environment, meeting like minded crafty individuals
* We like to provide some materials to get you started,
but encourage you to choose your own fabrics to work with too,
recycling things from home, op shops, or you can purchase from our selection in store.
To book your spot, pop into the sewing lounge, or just get in touch via email:
hello at sewloveteado dot com